INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
Taking everyday things, embedding them with electronics, software, sensors and the connecting them to internet and enabling them to collect and exchange data without human intervention is called as the internet of things.
HISTORY OF IOT
The term ‘’The internet of thing’’ was named as a concept in 1999 by Kevin Aston. Aston began exploring the idea while working for manufacturing giant Procter and Gamble as a brand manager for oil of Olay. But before that, when the internet was discovered.
- In 1982 Carnegie Mellon researchers connect a vending machine to the internet to remotely check for cold sodas.
- In 1990 the first toaster was operating over the net.
- In 2000, LG introduce the first smart fridge.
- In 2004, first smartwatch introduced.
- In 2007, Apple smart iPhone and wearable Fitbit released.
- In 2009, Google starts testing self-driven cars.
- In 2011, Smart TV is introduced.
- In 2013, Google Lens is released.
- In 2014, Echo causes a surge in smart home market.
- In 2015, Tesla come out with Auto Pilot drive for their cars.
COMPONENTS OF IOT
- There are four main components based on which an internet of things ecosystem work on. They are required for end-on-end implementation of IOT.
- Data Processing
- User Interface
A sensor is a device that calculate physical input from its environment and converts it into data that can be processed by a computer. These sensors are typically integrated with the microprocessors so that they can collect data and move it beyond to contain of the internet.
Several Communication Protocols and Technologies are used in IOT to connect to internet Cloud Deer lings, Upon Rage, Cost, Power Usage, Data Rate etc. the right one is used.
3: DATA PROCESSING:
In the technique a computer process the raw data into information. The procedure is carried out by using different data manipulation methods.
Collecting feed of all electrical appliances
Extraction car number from video feed of speeding cars.
Give stage of disease based upon sensor input.
Show trend to rain and underwater depletion.
4: USER INTERFACE:
The information processed is made available to the end user in like giving Alerts, Notification, monitoring continuous feed or controlling the system remotely.
ADVANTAGES OF IOT:
- Minimize human effort and save time.
- Lead to more automation and technical optimization.
- Help in improving the technology.
- Help us to reduce waste and use our natural resources effectively.
DISADVANTAGES OF IOT:
- Security of confidential data is a key concern.
- Can lead to various type of network attacks.
- Maintaining privacy is a challenge.
Make sure to subscribe to our site for latest National and International Tech news. Stay tuned with technicalmeer.com for latest tech news. Subscribe to our Technical Meer YouTube channel for Latest Science and Technology Videos.